Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What are some great teenage romance books?

Im fifteen and love to read - any good romance novels out there?What are some great teenage romance books?
Anything by Sarah Dessen, Ann Brashares, Meg Cabot, Jodi Picoult, Ellen Hopkins, or Laurie Halse Anderson - Titles at the link below.





A Great and Terrible Beauty and sequels by Libba Bray


Wake, Fade, and Gone by Lisa McMann


The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld


The Giver and sequels by Lois Lowry


Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier


The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory


13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher


The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold


A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith


Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger


A Separate Peace by John Knowles





The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan


The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall-Smith


I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou


The 5 People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom





Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte


Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


Little Women, Little Men, Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott


Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy


My Antonia by Willa Cather


Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell


Emma, Persuasion, and Sense and Sensibility by Jane AustenWhat are some great teenage romance books?
I reccommend the ';Twilight'; novels if you haven't read them already. It's about a girl, Bella Swan, who moves to the small town of Forks, Washington and falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen. It all depends on which part of him is stronger: the side that thirsts for her blood, or the side that is truly, deeply in love with her. It's a very cute story.


I'd also reccommend ';The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants'; series. I know they're a couple of years old, but they're a great series about love and friendship.


';Bloom'; by Elizabeth Scott is one that I also enjoyed. It's kind of a forbidden love story, but also filled with a lot of denial and a love triangle. I felt like a was really able to connect with the female lead, Lauren. It's definitely written very different, but unique, than the other books that I've read because it's written in present-tense, but it's good.


I also really like novels by Sarah Dessen. She's a great writer! My favorite is ';Just Listen';. I really need to buy that one...


Hope I helped! I love to read too :). I'm also a really big writer and would love to get my work published.
I love 'The Princess Diaries' and all the other romance books by their author, Meg Cabot.


'My Sister the Super *****' is really good.


'Stargirl' is really amazing, so is 'Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging'.


For romances about adults, but as nice to read as teenage books, try 'PS I love you' by Cecilia Ahern or 'Bergdorf Blondes' by Plum Sykes.
I recommend Twilight!


Unless you already read the book...


It's so romantic!


The book can be very addicting just to warn you.


I'll give a brief summary so you know what it's about:


(May contain spoilers)





Isabella(Bella) Swan moved to a small town called Forks in Washington to live with her father. She meets a mysterious boy, named Edward that is stunningly handsome. She finds out Edward is a vampire, but doesn't care because she loves him deeply. Edward and his family drink animal blood, and tries to resist from human blood. Edward has a hard time resisting from killing Bella for her blood because her blood smelled very delicious and floral. Trouble comes and a tracker vampire(that drinks human blood) goes after her.
The most amazing romance ever is Redeeming Love...that book changed my life and many women I know. It is a romance that is great for all age groups. Don't be overwhelmed by the length (almost 500 pages), I read it in 2 days...You will fall in love with Micheal Hosea and you will look for a love like that in your future husband!!!!!
Sarah Dessen:


Someone Like You


Lock and Key


Keeping the Moon


That Summer


Just Listen


The Truth About Forever





Elizabeth Scott:


Bloom


Stealing Heaven


Perfect You





Susane Colasanti:


Take Me There


When it Happens





Sara Zarr:


Sweethearts


Story of a Girl





Sarra Manning:


Let's Get Lost





Marianne Curley:


Old Magic





Lost It by Kristen Tracy


The Perfect Kiss by Christie Ridgway


Strings Attached by Nick Nolan


On Your Toes by Terry Morris


The Girl Who Invented Romance by Caroline B. Cooney


Aurelia by Anne Osterlund


Island Summer by Jeanine Le Ny


A Song for Summer by Eva Ibbotson


I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroedor


A Certain Slant of Light by laura Whitcomb


Scribble of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson


Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Obviously Twilight.





I really like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!





Also, The Princess Bride is a classic. There is a lot of humor, and romance too. I love that book!
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series is really good.


The books are mostly about friendship, but of course, they definitely have romance!
Twilight.





Only I'm lying. Those suck.





Have you read The Boyfriend List? It's super cute. =D
Forever, by Judy Blume.


Jean and Johnny, by Beverly Cleary.






twilight, definitely. they're amazing! :D
Besides twilght, and book by sarah dessen

No comments:

Post a Comment