Thursday, July 29, 2010

Moms:what would you do if your teenage daughter was pregnant under these circumstances?

How would you react if your 16 (17 in 2 months) daugher came to you and said she was pregnant. But she did not have a boyfriend, it was just a guy from her school? Would that make the pregnancy harder for you to deal with?Moms:what would you do if your teenage daughter was pregnant under these circumstances?
you are asking for my reaction- it is in no way how i think most people would react or should react.


for me i would be surprised, but supportive. i would talk to her about her options and try to help her once SHE has made a desicion on what she wants to do. one of her options would be that she could stay with us and we would help her raise the baby until she is able to go on her own. we have a university within a half hour, so college could still be an option. i would talk to her about a job and financial responsibility. i would also explain that even tho it is a hard road she has chosen, it can also be very rewarding. i wouldnt use words like mistake and disapointment. i know too many girls who heard words like that- it was hard to overcome, and even harder should the child ever find out that much loved grammy or grampa said them years down the line. she is still a child and you still have a job and a responsibility here to make sure she has as bright a future as is possible. dont place all the blame on your child, these things dont usually happen without reasons or cause. look into that. she came to you- she is looking for you to be her mom, to love her unconditionally- dont disapoint.Moms:what would you do if your teenage daughter was pregnant under these circumstances?
I would be wondering why she did not listen to me when i told her about birth control and i would be telling her boyfriend or not she will be taking care of her kid (if she wanted it) without the help of me because i did not help her get pregnant.





I do not feel sorry for teenagers who get pregnant even if i had a daughter that ended up like that, If you can be adult enough to have sex then your adult enough to move out and pay your own bills.


It would not matter about the guy but i would be telling her she best be getting child support from him.
Yes it would make it a little harder to know that she is putting herself out there to sleep with someone she doesn't really care about, or doesn't really care about her. But regardless, it would be tough. I got pregnant just after i turned 18, I was in the last few months of my senior year. My mom was completely hysterical and it didn't help anything at all. I was trying to take care of the last few months of school, planning a wedding, and trying to cope with not going to college and having a child! If you're the parent, please try and be support, there's nothing you can do about it now. If you're the child, please try to understand that your parent loves you and doesn't know what's happening, both sides are going to say things and do things that will probably hurt the other, not on purpose, but what a situations you are in! Be patient, and think of the outcome...a precious child. God Bless, and I hope everything works out for you.
Personally, I have had this experience but on the other foot. I was pregnant at 16 and the way my parents reacted did nothing to help the situation. I was kicked out by my father and left to fend for not only myself but for the child growing inside me. The best advice I can offer from being through it is to listen to your daughter and try your best to help her. Explain her options and ask what SHE wants to do. There's nothing worse than having a parent give total diregard towards a situation you can't really change. Just be there for your daughter, she's going to really need it. Maybe have a talk to her about how this all could have been prevented and how important it is to practice safe sex. Either way, I wish you and your daughter the best.
I would react exactly as I would if she were pregnant under any other circumstances, the same thing my mom has always told me she would do for me.





I would say congratulations, welcome the new baby, and figure out if she wants to raise the baby herself or if I would be adopting it.





The bottomline is she is my daughter, and nothing changes that.
Any pregnancy at 16 would make it difficult for me. I would be extremely disappointed in my child, but I would do my best to support her, as she is barely old enough to take care of herself and I would not want to put my grand child in any harm.


I would have to ask myself why she did this though, and what I could have done to prevent it. Because if this happened I would feel as if I had not talked to her enough about sex and the consequences.
Well first I would be shocked, but after all the shock wore off I would think about taking steps to making this all work out for the best.





It would make it equally as hard whether it be from a boyfriend, a guy that she doesn't know well or a rape. All the same outcome and that is she is a young teen and pregnant.
I think maybe it would be morally harder for me, but these kids are growing up differently then I did and I'm only in my twenties. It is now acceptable for girls to just lose their virginity to just any guy and its okay to give oral sex to any guy. To me that was even more private then having sex. We live in a different world when it comes to sexuality. It may make things easier on her because she is not expecting a fairy tale now. She didn't fall in love with this guy and now expects him to be her prince charming.
i would be very upset and dissapointed but i would support her in any decision she made. i would also make sure she finished school. as for the guy...i wouldnt expect much from him. just be there for your daughter right now. i know it will be hard but this is the one time she needs you the most. good luck and i hope the best for both of you
i think it would be the same the baby came from a guy


but maybe u and her sould talk the the boys mom and dad and see how they r going to help u and her or ask ur daughter if she already talked to him about the baby
Any pregnancy that early is hard...but support her, find out who this boy is, as he is financially responsible for this baby till is 18...Have a conversation with his parents as well...cause I bet they don't even know.
It wouldn't matter, I would still be sad, mad, depressed All of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment