Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why do teenage high-school students like to make fun of each other on a daily basis?

Students constantly nag each other about the littlest things, and even though most adults think it is a trivial matter, it is not. It is a much bigger deal than most people think. Please tell me why do these kids make fun of each other?Why do teenage high-school students like to make fun of each other on a daily basis?
In the age of the media where we are bombarded with images of how life should be and how we should look, teenagers realize that their lives and their appearance fall miserably short of this ';standard.'; Low self-esteem is rampant. When you feel like you are the scum of the earth, it helps to put others beneath you. When you're better than the ';ugly'; kid or the ';nerdy'; kid you aren't the worst person in the world.





However, this approach to self-esteem issues doesn't make you feel better about yourself in the long run, and it also hurts the self-esteem of those you pick on.





As a fifteen year old, I was fortunate enough to be home-schooled through middle school and am now attending a local college. This has helped me to step back and observe what goes on in schools and why without getting caught up in it. Hope that helps! =DWhy do teenage high-school students like to make fun of each other on a daily basis?
they must be jealous, or just kidding..
they have nothing better to do and besides it makes them feel better about themselves.
because that is the need of the age. in that age group everyone does that and it is natural.
because they feel crappy about themselves and it makes them feel better to find things wrong with other people instead of working on their own flaws and building a little self-esteem.
Take it with a grain of salt, because it doesn't get any better in the ';REAL WORLD';
Because this is an awkward time in their life. They are dealing with changes in their bodies and hormones. They do not understand what is going on with them. And when something is uncomfortable they deal with it the one way they know how and that is by making fun of others who are going through the same things. Or even things that they fear the worst. It doesn't make it right. But it is their way of dealing with their own insecurities.
nothing else better to do...other than they make the choice to be DUMB!!!
Because it's funny.





Foolnomore, I beg to differ. Maybe females would have some sort of grudge because they can't understand their menstrual cycle and whatnot, but the only thing that happened to me was that my junk got bigger (and of course, I started growing pubic hair). When my unit started growing I wasn't confused - I was enlightened. The immense size that it had grown to could only mean one thing; I am the chosen one. A distant relative, perhaps a more handso, I changed the paragraph in question to a more eight year old friendlyme seperated-at-birth sibling of Ron Jeremy.





When a more socially accepted teen picks on a loser-type or an individual that is anything but the social norm, (which is ignorant, might I add) he just wants to be cool among his peers and friends. He wants to make them laugh, in hopes that he will keep their friendship. I used to do it not too long ago, and I have discovered that it is just a thing that teenage kids will do.





However, when they ';nitpick about the littlest things,'; it is usually among friends, and it is done to makes jokes and be funny; to amuse eachother when there is nothing better to do or nothing else to say.





There spooky, I changed the paragraph in question to a more eight-year-old friendly edition for you. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings, honey.
Im in highschool, and they are jerks! To me, its called bullying. The people who make fun of others for being different have no real life. I think they do that to feel good about themselves and to look ';cool'; around there friends. If they are friends and nagging on each other, they are just bored and have nothing better to do.
it's fun.
it's a technique for making themself feel better about themselves.





It's the same reason the majority of the people who can stomach it... watch the SPRINGER show.
Reputation, Jelousy, or Peer Pressure
Same reason two bucks fight in the woods, to show dominance.
Because they want to make their microscopic egos seem bigger by tearing someone else down.





And, Jeff is Tiny.........reported. ';Men who brag usually have very little to brag about.';
High school is alot about having friends and being popular. the more someone has self confidence the more he is likely to have friends, when someone makes fun of someone else it booms up his self confidence and self esteem I personally think its sick to be horrible to someone just so others with like you but on the other hand as being one of the least popular with low self confidence in school I can understand the whole situation............
It's called a 'pecking' order, like chickens in a hen house. Survival of the fittest, so to speak. Look at the animal world: the biggest, meanest ones always get fed first leaving the small ones to die out or find another way to survive. I'm guessing that you are talking about middle/high school students? Hurt is a huge motivator; I hurt, therefore, so will everyone else and/or I don't want to hurt, so I'll hurt everyone else first. It truly saddens my heart to see students rip each other up, and this is something I don't allow in my class - Ever! No one deserves heartache, especially when it is so undeserved and simple to relieve; just close mouth!!
Because they have no lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment