Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why do teenage girls all look the same, dress the same and talk the same?

and then when a girl dresses different to them and shows that she isnt


a sheep and un-original, they say she's weird!Why do teenage girls all look the same, dress the same and talk the same?
i don't dress like other girls. and i think its because im weid and different. also because im a tomboy. i admit and accept the fact im weird. no one ever told me i was. i just came to that conclusion all by myself and i'm proud of it to. i dress how i like to dress cuz who gives a crap what to other girls think.Why do teenage girls all look the same, dress the same and talk the same?
It's part of the whole collectivist mentality that sundry folk have, young and old. Conformity is important not just to kids, but adults as well (look at how many adults dress the same, as well). I do dress and act different, however, truly different, not just a counter-trend that someone follows to be ';different';. I don't do so deliberately to be different either, I do it because the way I dress and the way I talk is who I am.





Here's what I look like: As of last week, when I last measured myself and weighed myself, I'm 5'3 1/2';, I weigh 109 lbs, I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and wear glasses. I suppose that isn't very unique. But it's what I look like.





Here's how I dress: I almost always am wearing a long, single color, plain skirt (sometimes with floral or other print though). It is either floor length or ankle length. I also wear nice shoes that aren't dressy or casual, and knee length socks. I wear a loose-fitting, long sleeved shirt that is also a plain, single color much of the time. I sometimes wear a t-shirt around the house, though. I also wear my hair up and wear a white prayer cap over it almost all of the time, like Mennonite girls wear. Alas, I am a bit uncomfortably hot in the summer, but I just use a paper fan to cool myself off. ^_^





Here's how I talk: Overall, I have a very old fashioned way of talking, what think you? Right there is an example, I say ';What think you?'; or ';How feel you?'; or ';What say you?'; for example instead of ';What do you think';, ';How do you feel?';, or ';What do you say?'; (basically, all questions I ask are constructed with archaic grammar). I also say ';alas'; quite a lot, possibly too much. I almost never use the words ';like';, ';totally';, ';awesome';, or any other popular teenage word that sundry folk nowadays use.





The music I listen to: I listen to old music, such as oldies, classical, traditional folk songs, and other, similar types of music. Of those, I likely love harpsichord music the best. Alas, much of the music I listen to, not many people have heard of.
I beg to differ about this. Not everyone looks the same, dresses the same and talks the same... like you say, there are a few individuals that then get called 'weird' but I don't care. I'm not the same as everyone else. I dress different, I act different and I talk different. I don't do it intentionally - I just don't feel pressured to be a certain way to fit in with everybody else. If people don't like me, that's their problem. I'm not going to change so either take me as I am or don't.
Not ALL teenage girls do! I'm getting tired of these stereotypes and generalizations of teenage girls.


I am a teen girl and I don't dress the same as everyone else, they inspire me and I mix in other styles from different groups. There are different groups of people who dress differently to other groups but dress similarly to their group. Not all people dress the same.


I do not look like anyone I know either. I am not an orange.


Neither do I talk the same as anyone I know.


I do not call people who dress differently to me ';weird'; as most of the time I like what they wear, and they allow me to change my style slightly to incorporate that too.
NOT ALL GIRLS ARE LIKE THAT


quit sterotyping


i am a teenageer, i like thrift stores, dress plain,etc..


i'm not like the other girls, but so what? it's just clothes


if they think i'm weird, that's ok i don't care about them. i do not dress the the same, look the same, or talk the same.


d0 YoU s33 m3 t@lking lyke dis a11 da t1m3?





MOST girls are like that to fit in. they don't want to be criticized or anything.


i'm an individual. i just naturally do what i like. i don't label myself as ';punk'; if i like punk music. i could listen to punk and dress nerdy lol i don't care.
Wrong.





I'm 15, and a huge tom boy. I love being different and not fitting it; I TRY not to.





I dye my hair every crazy color you can think of, I have vampire fangs that I'm always wearing, I don't wear make up, I've never shopped in hollister or any of those bullsh*t stores, I don't try to have sex with every guy I see, for some reason I use older words, I wear the most crazy colored rainbow outfits.





and not to sound odd or anything, but making friends is NOT a problem for me. People always want to be around me and everyone always wants to hang out. I'm cool and a freak all at once; but I guess I'm one in a million. I'd never be caught DEAD looking like a Crombie Zombie or a Hollister Whore. The end.
i know i have my own style but my mum hates my clothes so she threw them all away so i have to wear the things she bought me!!!!! i hate them they are what all teenage girls wear =[ i don't talk like them they talk like this ';im a gurl nd i lyk p!nk i w3r cloth3s dat luk lyk cryp LOL LMAO GTG babezz luz yasss'; IT GETS ON MY BLOODY NERVES!!!


i get bullied because i don't wear/talk/look the same as them, but it doesn't bother me much, they are just shallow people whose lives are great until they finish school and then they peak at 18.
because it is part of human nature. they are young, immature, innexperienced and dont think about things before making a judgment. not all teenagers are like this but it has unffortunatley become the norm. and maturity does come to some teenagers, i know just as many immature adults as i do teenagers. most adults are just more experienced in life.





my advice to girls and guys who do have the unfortunate disturbance of those kindas of people is to remember who you are. dont let them rub their ignorance off onto you. they arthe ones you should feel bad for, if they are so unconfident in themselves that they make fun of you for being diffrent then then that is really sad.
I dress fancier than most people, with cute sandals and sailor-style shorts and flowy tops. Not super tight Abercrombie and Hollister shirts and underwear for pants. I have super thick dirty blond hair that I have never dyed, and I talk funny. I cannot say my ';R';s right and I talk higher than most people (definitely not on purpose. I(t's annoying). Stop stereotyping.








Oh, and I forgot to mention: I use correct grammar and am an A+ student all the time. People actually tease me for being SMART.
We don't. I just learned to say whatever and not give a damn. If they want to call me weird and be little robots that's fine. I'll stick to my way(:


Edit: Well I don't dress or act like a lot of people at our school but I do dress and act a lot like my best friend. We share clothes and were just together enough so we have the same personality(:





And we don't type like this





LKY OMG THT RLY HOTTTTTTT DOOD AKED ME OUTTTT TODAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'' you're born original, dont die a copy ''





I dress with what i like, if its in style, then good. If it isnt, i'll still wear it..


I sound EXACTLY like my bestfriend, which is scary.. XD


And for my hair %26amp; make up. Im really not original, and do the simplest thing that every girl my age does %26gt;_%26lt;








But in my tastes in music, I am SUPER different than anybody..


I like that about me =D
Your crazy. They don't all look the same.


People *usually* where I live on make fun of someone for being unorginal if they are trying to hard.


And nobody is orginal anymore. Nobody gets there own ideas anymore, we get it from TV, music, poems, movies, ext.


Mhm.
No one wants to be different, it's a coping mechanism to fit in with dress. The ability to accept other people comes with adulthood, not adolescence.
I suspect you already know it's because they're still children and ';fitting in'; is of paramount importance in their immature lives.
yeah!!!





Everyone wears the same clothes and when someone wheres something unique or just nicer or different.
Girls want to look like celebs and dress like them, so they think everyone should look like that. The preps? your talking about right! ';look it me, look it me'; haha is how they are.
No No No.


Not me. yay.


lol
not all of them dress the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment