Thursday, July 29, 2010

What did the bedroom of an average teenage girl look like in the 60s?

Like, can you describe to me what was in it etc..


I'm redecorating my room and I'm going for sixties style :)


Thanks. Your answers are much appreciated.





(My room is tiny btw so I don't have that much space)What did the bedroom of an average teenage girl look like in the 60s?
I was a teenager in the 60s and my room was pretty typical of all my friends' rooms.....the walls and much of the ceiling were completely papered with photos (clipped from fan magazines) of my favorite bands and singers of the era. Didn't matter what color the walls were painted 'cause I hadn't seen them in a very long time. The floor was brown tile but much of the time covered with clothes, shoes, books and more magazines. The bed was covered with a blue and white quilt made by my grandma and about a dozen stuffed animals won at carnivals. And accessories consisted of several dozen LP albums, a large rack of 45s, a record player, a clock radio and several shelves of sci-fi and other books. Not the kind of decor one would find in Better Homes and Gardens but it was typical, comfortable and my haven. We weren't much concerned with fancy trimmings back then....I'll bet mine was smaller than yours....8'x9.5'....how's that for tiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment