Friday, August 20, 2010

Do your teenage friends make fun of you when you use complex words?

Mine do. They say I'm a nerd.


=]Do your teenage friends make fun of you when you use complex words?
Yup, they say ';ahah, you probably dont even know what that means.';





Also jokingly :)Do your teenage friends make fun of you when you use complex words?
Yes they do! They can actually be really mean about it, but I think they just get angry because they don't know what I'm talking about. Sometimes they try to use a complex word, and they'll use it wrong, which is kind of annoying. I'll just kind of look at them until they realize they don't know what they're saying...
I said the word ';rant'; to this girl that is dumb. She started saying why do u smart people have to use such big words! She also called me a dork/nerd. She's in the lowest level classes in school and she thinks she is funny teasing me. Ok first rant isn't even a big word. I ignore her. I won't stoop down to her level. JUST IGNORE THEM!!!! THEY R OBVIOUSLT NOT AS SMART AS U!!!
Yea, it can be annoying sometimes, but my friends are just joking all the time. Then when I say some complex word or scentence, it's like ';Damn! You sound like 30...'; or ';Can you speak normal English too?';





But hey, we all laugh it off, so it's okay I guess.





@Carnage - You would assume that, but obviously that doesn't seem to be true.
Mostly my neighbor, I used the word 'timely' and she got all pissed and was like ';Jeez, why do you have to use such big words? Just say that it happened at the perfect time, if that's what you mean!';





My friends are used to it, but I'm toning it down anyways. It's a trade-off. :-/
All the time. I used to be into spelling bees (I was pretty good so that's where I got my weird words!) so I was exposed to a lot of unused vocabulary.





I just ignore them when they make fun of me. LOL some of them don't even understand BASIC words!
Yes, mine did. In a mean way. I ignored them and now I have a degree and a greta job and salary and they live with their parents, work at Food Lion, and still don't know what they wanna do with their lives. This stage passes!
Yes, they do. They think I'm a nerd too and they always ask that the word means, even then the context is obvious. Do you read a lot?
Yeah they start to laugh and they go


stop using such big words





god you would assume these people have complex


words in their vocabulary
Yeah. I am 30 and my friends STILL make fun of me for using ';Million dollar words';.


They can get over it. Don't stunt your intelligence to make others more comfortable.
yeah mine do but their just hatin because in smart and they dont know what those words mean next time they try to treat tell them a pocket dictionary is only a dollar oh thats right you cant afford it bet they will shut up then
not in a mean way but in like a joking/fun teasing sort of way. they say im nerdy (well, smart) but not in a mean way :P haha.





peace =D
haha ohyes, i am a little nerdy, i love reading! but whatever, they are just teasing me and i dont mind it.
Why would that make you a nerd? Plus, nerds run this country and get all the good paying jobs. %26lt;(** _)%26gt;
When I use complex words, most of the time my friends cant even understand what the words mean. :-)
I never understand big words. haha
they say:





';stop being so smart %26amp; say it in dumb people words';





XD
they just say that I'm a nerd
yeahh. but i just say im proud to be nerdy like that.
Nah. They just say, ';Whhhaaaaat?';
lol no because i dont!





rarely....
yeahhhh


i had a mate who was like that too:)


he used to make my day :)))) :D
LOL. same =]
yeahh same here haha :)
nope they just like to make me feel stupid.
cause they are too stupid to say some themselves
yea... all my friends do.


really a shame, they just don't understand us.
No..we just all laugh..especially if no one knows what it means..

No comments:

Post a Comment