Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What was your first thought when you heard Palin's teenage daughter is pregnant?

Mine was: ';Thank God I don't have a daughter.'; Teen pregnancy seems to be a rite of passage these days and is considered ';normal'; by many high school girls, and it's filtering down to the middle schools too. Even the best of parents have to deal with their daughters getting pregnant, and I'm so glad I dodged that bullet by never having a girl. What do you think?What was your first thought when you heard Palin's teenage daughter is pregnant?
Sad, worried for poor girl, family - now it's national news.





Since my sons birth I have known I have less stress than fathers of girls. I always thank GOD for my son, and not the heavier daily testing of a daughter.What was your first thought when you heard Palin's teenage daughter is pregnant?
I think it's really sad. Something is obviously missing in this kid's life. I think it's sad that she was not brought up to believe she could be alot more than a teenage pregnancy statistic. I do not think teenage pregnancy is normal, nor do I think it should be treated as such. This girl's life will never be the same, she will miss out on so many opportunities. She should be getting ready to go to college and start off on the best part of her young adult life and instead she is having a baby and getting married at 17. I also think it's really sad that she is being used in any way shape or form in her mother's campaigning. She is after all, still a kid herself.
First I thought - ';Good. The republicans need to be done with all of this ';family value'; crap - because they are not practicing what they preach. This is going to effect the race - and it makes for a better chance to keep John McCain out of the white house - and get our troops out of this horrible war before 2013.';





Then I thought - ';Gosh - maybe if her mother had made a decision to actually RAISE her children after getting pregnant - instead of having a MAJOR job - this wouldn't have happened.';





Don't get me wrong. I don't think women with children should be kept from working. But find a job that allows you to balance your family life and work. And/or - get your husband to stay home with the kids. The two of you made 'em. Now raise 'em.





Of course maybe the pregnancy would have happened anyway. You can't control your teenage kids - only teach them - and hope they get it. The question is - was Sarah Palin there to teach her daughter? Was she around to talk with her about teenage pregnancy and steer her away from it. You can't stop it - but you sure can try. Was she home - and doing that? Or was Sarah Palin at work? Was her husband at home or was he at work?





I know Obama (and many others) have said it's important to keep the family lives out of this - but if somebody creates a huge family and doesn't have their priorities straight enough to get that family raised in the best way - and doesn't have the virtues and values needed to get their family raised - then I certainly don't want them running the country - because those same virtues and values come into play.
I thought that it should be none of my business. It's funny how the daughter of a conservative VP nominee is treated so differently from other kids of her age. In Gloucester Mass. there were 17 High School kids last year who got pregnant. Big national story. They were on all the major morning shows and they were CELEBRATED! Funny how that works isn't it? Being a Mass. Resident, in a few more months I will be the proud parent of 17upletts.
Well, I guess, that She is somewhat a typical American Mother! She and her family have to endure problems just like the rest of us! We all have problems and we all have to deal with them.





She did not run for an abortion nor did she try to hide the problem. She is dealing with it like the rest of us have to. Trying to move forward in the best possible way with the hand that has been dealt.





Proud Vet
Just take a look at the role models these kids have. Take a look at advertising. They use sex to sell everything from butter to cars. Look at the women on tv and in the movies showing extreme cleavage, and tight clothes that are very seductive. It is not hard to believe that these kids have sex earlier and earlier. At least Palin's kid is carrying the child and planning to get married instead of aborting it and just moving on to the next guy. Teen pregnancy has been around for years. There are worse things. whats worse, a pregnant girl, or a boy in jail?
my thoughts were, Lord she just like so many of us Mothers and she dose relate to us everyday people As she has had to face a birth defect in her baby, seeing her oldest son go off to Iraq, and now a teenage daughter pregnant. I am sure she's like you and I, these things happen to the best of us. But she stands up and faces the the challenges, with, a broken heart, but with love and courage. not making excuses jut stand is honest with the people. and just as proud of that baby she could have chose to abort.But did not. Could have had her daughters baby aborted,but she did not. and could have pulled strings to keep her son out of Iraq, but she did not .But instead standing up and will do the best she can for what's right for her family. I think she is some more woman and she will get my vote.
I thought it made perfect sense because abstinence education doesn't work; safe sex education does.
I thought that Palin's support of abstinence education backfired in a serious way.
Wow. She is young for this responsibility.
Who gives a fling rats butt.She could be the first Grandma in office.
i thought HA HA HA now what

No comments:

Post a Comment