Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am buying my teenage daughter a round bed and need some decorating ideas...?

What kind of night stands, chairs, sofas, etc. would look good? We want the mood to look fun but relaxing and inviting. Nothing garish.I am buying my teenage daughter a round bed and need some decorating ideas...?
Maybe let her help you choose.


I think it's really sweet of you to do this for your daughter, but I know my mother and I don't agree on EVERYTHING so it might be good if you both shared your opinions and please keep an open mind!I am buying my teenage daughter a round bed and need some decorating ideas...?
Hey. Just A Question.. Where did you find the round bed?

Report Abuse



whats her exact age?
if you want fun, relaxed and inviting the very first mistake you could make is the round bed. a round bed says SEX in very loud words. now, if absolutely no one else is going to see this room, it won't say that and you can do what you want, but if ANYBODY else see it, your daughter's a SLUT. there's just no other way to see it. i'm sorry.
All of the other furniture should be square/oblong in a lighter wood and you should use lighter colors for the bedding/curtains/wall colors. That will draw more attention to the centerpoint of the room (the bed) and make it seem less provocative. Do not put a sofa in that bedroom, that is way over the top. Also stay away from beads, lava lamps, and bean bag chairs (unless you're aiming for a 70's stoner sex den).





I also agree with the poster above who mentions a more modern look, but that usually doesn't add up to inviting/relaxing.
lots and lots of throw pillows on the bed. trie curved furniture.
First of all I totally disagree with the person who says that a round bed says sex. To me it says modern, so I would go with glass %26amp; stainless steel in modern designs. I wouldn't worry about making everything else rounded, but too keep the room from feeling too cold make sure there are lots of different shaped throw pillows on the bed, rug or rugs depending on the size of the room and curtains. Don't stop at blinds. They give a room a cold unfinished feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment